Two year mission statement is to implement the new management structure, ensure all roles are filled with suitable resource to create a foundation to work in achieving the longer term vision of the Association.
Athletics to be one of the key sports in the Isle of Man to maintain and increase its popularity by delivering an inclusive framework for athletes from age 7 upwards.
The Isle of Man Athletics Association (IOMAA) is affiliated to England Athletics and constituted as a County District.
The IOMAA’s ambition is to:
- develop inclusive participation of athletics throughout the island;
- develop a high performance structure to win more medals at key events;
- stage suitable events to engage with athletes and public;
- increase participation in athletics especially between ages 15 and 24;
- improve infrastructure and opportunities for athletes;
Its role is to:
- co-ordinate and manage athletics (all disciplines) in the District;
- encourage, promote and develop athletics in the District;
- represent the District on all appropriate bodies;
- select and manage representative teams;
- promote, organise and encourage the holding of athletic competitions, meetings, championships and events and to adopt the UKA rules of competition;
- make suitable arrangements with sponsors
All affiliated Clubs and Organisations with headquarters within the county district of the Isle of Man shall have automatic membership of the Association with voting rights at General Meetings.